Sunday, May 27, 2018

Spring/Summer CLC Bloghop Day 3

Here we are, day 3 of the Spring/Summer CLC bloghop!  What has been your fave things so far?  Mine has been taking extra time to indulge in a little coffee and crafting and seeing all the creations.  Now what I need to do is get commenting!  I never get through them all, but try to get to as many as I can. 

So here is what I have for you today, a fun creation with a brand new stamp set I just purchased from Super Sponsor Drive by Crafts.  And also a sentiment from Super Sponsor Ellen Houston.


Now here is what I love about this card first and foremost, this gal reminds me of my friend Denise, who is sweet, kind and a total fashonista (not sure why she likes me since I am a frump! LOL)!  Such a beautiful woman and a beautiful image to use in her honor.  This image is from The Greeting Farm.  I stamped it on watercolor paper and used a combo of Zigs and Spectrum Noir  Aquablend pencils to give here these vivacious colors.  The background is also WC paper, I added some SN sparkle pen to the background and cut in these butterflies from the Crafter's Companion/Sara Davies Flutterby Collection.  (The great thing about this die is that you get to keep the butterflies and use them on something else!)  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment using a stamp by Julie Ebersole for Ellen Houston. 

Here is a close up so you can see the butterflies a little better with the white behind. 



This isn't my typical style, I usually go for building scenes, but I am happy I tried something different and like the outcome. 

Time to get on back to the hop and see what new creations ya'll have been making!



14 comments:

StampingbugKerry said...

Great card! I love the butterflies behind her and that you tried something new! GO YOU!

Karen Letchworth said...

Your background turned out SO pretty! What a nice card.

MariLynn said...

So pretty. Love how the watercolor background looks with the little punched out butterflies.

Billie A said...

Cute image and love the background. Sweet card.

New Creations said...

Darn cute! Love the BG!

~amy~ said...

This is so pretty! I love the vivid colors! sweet sentiment and love the added butterflies.

Lisa said...

Love this! What a sweet image and love how you've colored her! Not to mention that yummy purple background!

nancy carroll said...

awesome butterfly banner, background, and image coloring

Verna Angerhofer said...

That cute image really pops against that great background.

Scrapper69 said...

She is so pretty (fab image!) and I love the background you crated to go with her... so lovely!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Fikreta said...

stuning card!

Arianna Barbara said...

Love your colouring! She's adorable!!!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Gorgeous background! Love this!

Helen Gullett said...

She is so adorable!